FFA has a dynamic degree system that rewards student's achievement as they progress in their leadership, intererpersonal, and professional skills.
Students can begin their journey at the chapter level with the Discovery, Greehand, and Chapter FFA Degrees. They can then apply for the State FFA Degree from the state association, and finally work toward the coveted American FFA Degree after graduating from high school.
The Chapter FFA Degree is given to a FFA chapter's top members.
1. Members must have held the Degree of Greenhand preceding election to the Chapter FFA Degree and have record of satisfactory participation in the activities of the chapter.
2. Must have satisfactory completed the equivalent of at least 180 hours of systematic school instruction in agricultural education, at or above the 9th grade level, have in operation an improved supervised agricultural experience and be regularly enrolled in an agricultural education class.
3. Be familiar with the purpose and program of activities of the State Association and national organization.
4. Be familiar with the provisions of the Constitution of the local chapter.
5. Demonstrate five (5) parliamentary procedure abilities.
6. Demonstrate the ability to effectively lead a group discussion for fifteen minutes.
7. Have earned and productively invested at least $150 by the member's own efforts or worked at least 45 hours in excess of scheduled class time, or a combination thereof, and have developed plans for continued growth and improvement in a supervised agricultural experience program.
8. Have a satisfactory scholastic record in an agricultural course.
9. Submit application for the Degree for chapter records.
10. Have participated in at least 10 hours of community service activities. These hours are in addition to and cannot be duplicated as paid for unpaid SAE hours.
See all of the FFA Degrees Available.
Questions? Contact your local FFA advisor for more information about the Chapter, Greenhand and Discovery Degrees.
Contact North Dakota FFA Association for State and American Degree information.